Thanks to their high elasticity, the glasses of the "Josephine" series are more robust than they appear. Nevertheless, treat your glass with care: follow our tips for maintaining your glasses and you will enjoy them for a long time.
How is the Josephine cleaned?
- Clean the glass by hand with lukewarm water and only if necessary, with a few drops of mild detergent.
- Please never hold the glass by the base or only by the stem, but cradle the goblet in your hand with stem between the index and middle finger.
- Use a sponge or glass brush if necessary.
- If you do use washing-up liquid, please make sure that all residue has been washed from the Josephine.
Can my Josephine be put in the dishwasher?
Yes, but only if your dishwasher is suitable for glass and you comply with the following guidelines:
- Your dishwasher must be absolutely clean and free of grease
- It is regularly serviced according to the manufacturer's instructions
- It is correctly adjusted to the local water hardness
- Only detergents and rinse aid from a quality manufacturer are used
- The glasses are well fixed and do not touch each other
- The rinse program has a temperature not exceeding 60° Celsius
- After the rinsing process the flap of the dishwasher is opened immediately to let the hot steam escape.
What is the best way to polish the Josephine?
- Ideally use a large clean linen cloth, this should be used exclusively for polishing your glasses and should be washed several times before the first use.
- Using one end of the cloth hold the glass securely by the goblet, the other end is used to polish the glass. You can also use two cloths.
- Start with the inside of the glass, then the rim and lastly with the outer side. When polishing, avoid the typical rotation of the base plate and goblet in opposite directions.
- Finally, polish the stem and base plate.
- The linen cloth should be washed without fabric softener and not put in the dryer; this will close the fine pores.
Can I do anything else for my Josephine?
Any last remaining droplets of water at the base of the goblet can be soaked up wonderfully with a natural fibre watercolour brush, such a brush can be bought together with the polishing cloth as a care set from our shop.
Please use it exclusively for your glasses.
Where does the Josephine feel most at home?
The Josephine feels most comfortable in a safe, clean, dust-free environment; ideally in a closed glass cabinet. It is important that the cabinet does not give off any odours, as the fine pores of the glass would absorb the odour. In the cupboard, the glass should always stand upright, but can also be hung upside down on a wine glass shelf. Just make sure that you rinse the Josephine before use to remove dust and any odours.